Okay, those of you that were 80’s kids…I know you are singing the song, right?! Not that I love that song, but I can’t help but link music to whatever I say. My sister and I do that at the same time…someone will say something and we will break into song …because we are famous in our own minds!
Anywho, it is the final countdown for 2011 peeps! Can you believe that another
one year bites the dust! Dun…dun..dun…another one year bites the dust! Man, I am on a roll!
Well, I am officially back from Vegas and off of the vacation I gave myself during the month of December. I still had my day job of course, but I got a little cray-cray with blogging and creating my units there for a while. J After Thanksgiving, I said, “self! You are working too hard…you need a break!” So of course I had to listen to myself because I am ALWAYS right…right?!!!
Thanks for sticking with me during my little break from blogging and creating. I am by no means going anywhere. I love this little ole blog. And, creating stuff for my classroom, you, and my store is how I get my creative juices out…I mean if I don’t do this, I start decorating my house and painting all of the rooms and then Nicks starts whining saying he doesn’t want to live in a rainbow…blah blah. LOL!
I am totally pumped about 2012! In 2011, I turned 31 (I know…gasp! You thought I was 21, right? I get that a lot!) and that was much better than 30. I have been an official blogger for seven months now and have been sharing my creations on TPT, Teacher’s Notebook, and here for seven months too. I have virtually met some amazing teachers, whom I now claim are my blog BFF’s. Well, I am not sure if they even know my name, but to me they are MY Besties! HAHA!
How do you feel about New Year’s resolutions? I never make them because they become broken promises to myself. I start off all “Don’t stop believing” and end up singing “Blah, Blah, Blah” (that’s Kesha and even though I don’t know the words…my kindergarteners do! WTFrench fry! They are five and shouldn’t be listening to that! ) Moving on…So, I am going to tell you my GOALS for this upcoming year. Here goes nothing (wells, it will eventually be something if I can pull a few rabbits out of my hat!)
- 1. Loose 60 lbs. Yes, you read that right. I had lap band this summer and I have almost lost 40 pounds. I started with a personal trainer before Thanksgiving too. I am pretty determined to lose 100 pounds in a year. I realize that is like looking one of you, lol, but that may just put me in the hot wife category which would be pretty sweet….even though Nick bought me “fluffy” and has never been negative about my weight , so he will luck out with a free upgrade! J
- 2. Finish grad school. I put it on hold for a few months but I am only three classes away so I just gotta finish.
- 3. This is really a goal, but for you praying peeps…I pray this will be the year I actually get pregnant. My three kids, whom I love with all of my heart, are adopted but I really want to start from a baby. My kids were 3, 5, and 7 when they entered our home and so sometimes it’s hard for me to have missed out on so much…especially since they are 11, 13, and 15 now.
- 4. Continue PROJECT ORGANIZATION. As much as I don’t want to get rid of stuff in my classroom, I just need to do some Spring Cleaning.
- 5. Blog twice a week because I love it. J
- 6. Plan a fun family vacation where my kids choose where we go…this could be dangerous!
- 7. Participate in more training in areas where I am weak…I know, I know, it’s hard to think I have flaws but I do! (TOTALLY just kidding! You know I am a HOT mess!)
- 8. Decrease debt and increase savings? What’s SAVINGS? I know, I had to look it up too. J
- 9. Make time to spend with friends and family…we’ve only got one life people!
- 10. Most importantly increase all things Jesus! Sing, read, worship, learn, love, be filled to overflowing, give more of myself, donate more money and time, focus more on God’s plan instead of my own….of the list could go on forever but I am a work in progress people. No perfection here, but moldable clay in my potter’s hands.
With all things considered, I consider myself blessed beyond belief and I am pumped to see what 2012 has in store for my family and me. What about you?