I will be hosting the Chapter 6 "Word Work" linky
As the sisters say, The Daily 5 structure does
not dictate the best method to use in teaching
reading, writing, spelling or vocabulary work. Whatever
your preferred method of instruction is...do THAT!
I think the things you can think about while reading
this part of Ch 6 is...Word Work allows time for:
1. Experimenting with words for learning and practicing
a spelling pattern (brainstorm a list of ways you can '
2. Memorize high frequency words (How often do
you introduce new words? Do your students have
their own lists of words that they can work on?
How will you keep track of words that they
3. Generalize spelling patterns (brainstorm a list of
ways you can do this).
4. Adding to our knowledge and curiosity of unique
and interesting words. (What is the best way
to do this?)
Other things to think about:
· What materials do I already have?
· What materials would I like to get?
· How will I store them?
· Where will students work?
I can't wait to see your posts on Wednesday!